2009 Volkswagen Tiguan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Sep 152011

Tiguan 4-cyl

I started to hear a grinding sound from the rear when applying brakes. With only 40 K on car the front brakes should show signs of wear first. The rear brakes have totally worn out first and grinding metal to metal, ruining the rear rotors.

- Salem, WV, USA

Jun 132008

Tiguan

On June 13, 2008 I was traveling West bound on a typical South Florida day, very hot and humid clear day. Just then a pick-up truck put out very fast in front of me. I slammed on my brakes with plenty of time to stop, but just before I came to a complete stop, the engine roared and I hit the truck very hard. At first I thought my foot slipped off the brake to the gas, but no way, I broke my foot because I hit the brake so hard. My question is this, is there a known problem with this newcar?

- Weston, FL, USA