2010 Volkswagen Tiguan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Apr 252016

Was waiting at a red light, on an incline, car stopped, with multiple cars ahead. Knew I would be waiting for a while for the light to change, so gently released some pressure on the brake. Car lunged forward hitting car ahead of me and each time I depressed the brake the car lunged, hitting the car in front of me three times. Stopped the frightening ordeal by depressing the brake and turning off the ignition. Caused neck and back injury, (reported by the injured, but not confirmed) of sheryl brown, driver of car I hit. Googled searched this problem and apparently others have reported lunging after braking in both Tiguan and toureg.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Aug 302013

Tiguan 4-cyl

Brake system I brake, but the pedal was really stiff, hardly moved and the car did not brake. Only long hard pushing finally succeeded. (auto hold switch was off) my other issue is when I'm driving on the highway and put on the brakes lightly, it feels like I slammed them on! both issues keep happening intermittently and is very dangerous! I have almost rear-ended people! I purchased the vehicle last year and have had the problem since then.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA