2012 Volkswagen Tiguan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Apr 122013

Tiguan

While driving on a highway at approximately 35mph the vehicle shut down. I tried to re-start the engine and it did not start. The vehicle came to full stop. It took a while to re-start the engine. The first incident was repaired by a VW dealer, but I never got a clear explanation of what happened. The second incident happened last Sunday on a high traffic local road at about 45 mph. The vehicle shut down and again came to a full stop. It will not re-start.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA

Oct 152012

Tiguan

Engine stalled approaching stop-sign rear ended vehicle in front of us. This was the third time this has happened with a stalling issue not accident, seems to be at lower (under 30mph) speed often as you start to slow for a stop sign or stop light. It now has happened again yesterday exiting an automated car wash. Have taken it to Volkswagen three times, once they changed the electronic (brain) box they said but no failures or codes were recorded, so they were just trying something, after doing some online research it seems there may be some issue with fuel pumps/ fuel pressure to me. Very disappointed in Volkswagen once we had an accident they no longer wanted to talk to us about the issues. I will not purchase a Volkswagen again. We had a similar issue with a 2009 Ford escape with a throttle body issue that turned into Ford extending and replacing the part at no charge, Ford was very proactive/helpful un like Volkswagen.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 202014

Tiguan

I was pulling out onto a major road. The car had been running for at least 30+ minutes. I attempted to make a left turn into the middle lane. The car died and I was halfway into the lane. I was unable to get it restarted for a few mins. It eventually started again. There was no warning signs. The car just stopped running and came to an abrupt stop. I took the vehicle to oakland ca VW service and I was told that the fuel filter was changed. "sorry, we don't know what is wrong with it, there are no faults showing but if it keeps happening bring it back." Again, I was driving down a road at approximately 35 mph. The car shut off without any warning. There was no sputtering, no warning lights - nothing. Again the car came to an abrupt stop. I was kind of expecting another occurrence so I luckily was able to pull off to the right to avoid a traffic accident. I will be taking the car back into VW of oakland. I am due to leave the state for vancouver, Washington and then drive to Pennsylvania. At this point the problem is a cause for major concern over the safety of my family and myself. I am too worried that the car will shut off while driving down an interstate which can/could result in a major accident.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 262013

Tiguan

While driving on highway going approximately 50 mph in a merging lane, car would not accelerate any further. Cars were speeding by and I could not accelerate. Epc light came on. Had to get off highway and have car towed to dealership.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Feb 022013

Tiguan

Several times while driving my SUV many failure indicator lights indicating epc failure, tire monitoring system failure, license plate light not working, left turn signal not working, brakes lights do not light up, ESC not functioning. Trunk also will not unlock. It seemed like every system warning light this car has came on showing system failures. Everytime this has happened my car loses power and barely wants to move or stalls all together having the automobiles behind me almost rear end my SUV. This SUV with these problems is a accident waiting to happen & someone if not me driving these SUV's will get into an accident if VW doesn't find the right problem to correct this safety issue so many owners are having the same electrical problems I read online plus the ones who have filed a complaint already.

- Tamworth, NH, USA

Nov 012011

Tiguan

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan. The contact stated that the rear wheels seized abnormally with the illumination of the electronic emergency warning light and causing the contact to loose control of the vehicle on more than one occasion. The dealer was contacted and diagnosed that the vehicle was performing normally. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 4,000 and the current mileage was 4,300.

- Catawissa, PA, USA