5.0

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Aug 132014

Tiguan

When operating at 65mph on cruise control I noticed a truck ahead of me slowing at a hill, so I pressed the "down" button to reduce the speed to 64, then again to 63 mph. When I clicked again for 62 mph the vehicle suddenly sped up because the cruise control had jumped back to 65 mph. By that point I was quite close to the truck and had to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. This happened to me twice before I figured out what was going on. My dealer has verified this issue in my vehicle and has determined that all new 2014 Tiguans on their lot have this defect, as well as at least one 2014 passat. A member of the Tiguan owners group on facebook has reported that his 2010 Tiguan has this issue. Volkswagen of America customer service has officially tried to blow me off and make me go away. This issue does not occur every time, usually randomly occurring between 30-40% of the time.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Mar 042014

Tiguan 4-cyl

After turning motor on, and backing up, the car is unresponsive when shifted into drive, . on 4 occasions now I have had to restart the car and try again. The accelerator seems progressively unresponsive. Yesterday, the car stayed in gear, and on long enough for me to pull into traffic and then died. I had to restart while vehicles drove around me. Thankfully it was a residential street. I'm very worried now to drive the car as it could happen in a busier environment and result in an accident. Checking online, this seems to have occurred to other Volkswagen Tiguan owners over the past 3 years, but dealership service departments were unable to determine the problem or changed out the fuel pump. After GM recall I am very concerned.

- Milwaukie, OR, USA

Aug 242013

Tiguan

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the accelerator failed to engage. Also, the emergency brake failed to release when in park. The dealer was contacted. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 28,300 and the current mileage was 29,000.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA