2013 Volkswagen Tiguan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Jul 062015

When driving vehicle it will get up to 40 speed and not above and stall out to 0 mph. The vehicle will not move and stall for duration of time, then it will driving at a low speed under 10-20mph. At the time of purchase, I made it known to the brandon Volkswagen dealership, fidelity bank and Volkswagen America. I had two warranties and the problem were told me in 2012 and 2013, by brandon Volkswagen the problem were resolved. In July 2015 through August 2015 the brandon Volkswagen informed that a part does not existed to correct my problems for several recalls. The vehicle was non-operable on a major highway 301hwy.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 152014

Tiguan 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V441000 (fuel system, gasoline) had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that they were unable to perform the repair because there were no available appointments. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. While driving various speeds, the vehicle jerked intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,798. Updated 10/22/14 updated 4/8/2015

- La Pine, OR, USA

Sep 302013

Tiguan 4-cyl

Car stalled in the middle of bumper to bumper traffic with me and a two year old strapped in her seat. Most horrifying experience in my whole 48 years of life. Your dealer did nothing and said it's all in my head. Car was at the dealership multiple times ever since for stalling while me driving! will start class action suit through an orlando law firm of debaubien, knight, manzaris, simmons and neal unless car is replaced.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Feb 162014

I purchased a 2012 VW Tiguan and started having problems with this vehicle at about 15,000 miles when the fuel pump and modulator went bad.. after that I went through 2 or 3 more fuel pumps on the vehicle, the steering column failed. Unsatisfied with the cars performance I voiced my opinion to the dealership; asking to get out of the vehicle. They contacted VW who agreed to place me in a 2013 model and gave about $4500 towards my costs of the updated model; which I still lost considerable money on because of a very low trade in value; but I wanted a safe vehicle for me and my family. Now I had the 2013 for over a year and 21,000 miles roles on and my fuel pump went out on this car. It happened while I was making a right turn into traffic and the car died almost causing my family and I to have a serious accident. The dealer replaced the fuel pump and module once again. I contacted VW and explained my wife and I are scared this problem will continue to happen and have found multiple sources including the dealer stating this problem continues to occur and I fear for my safety while driving. I also have been very patient with them regarding the multiple inconveniences this has been for me with multiple vehicles. They refused to help me and just continue with the original warranty. I asked for consideration to please be taken out of this vehicle and they out right refused to hear me. Now I have a car that I owe money on, cannot afford to trade in, with a known mechanical problem. My wife is scared to drive in the car and will not allow me to travel with my kids. VW was only concerned about the bottom line and not the customer experience. The rep would not interject his own feelings however he did say given my VW experience he does not blame me for wanting out of the car; but VW would not help. All I asked for was a vehicle that will provide safety for me and my family.

- Lockport , IL, USA