- August 13: Former Audi and VW 'Clean Diesel' Owners/Lessees File Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- August 11: Volkswagen CC Tire Cupping Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 5 days ago
- August 4: VW Manager Oliver Schmidt Pleads Guilty in Emissions Fraud news | 12 days ago
- July 9: Audi Recalls Q3 SUVs Over Brake Light Problems recalls | 38 days ago
- July 7: Justice Department Charges Former Audi Manager news | 40 days ago
2016 Volkswagen Tiguan
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Volkswagen service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Volkswagen customer service.
2016 Volkswagen Tiguan LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES NHTSA Campaign #16V464000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2016 CC vehicles manufactured January 12, 2016, to February 3, 2016, Golf R and Tiguan vehicles manufactured November 25, 2015, to January 28, 2016, and e-Golf vehicles manufactured November 25, 2015, to January 11, 2016. Vibrations, such as those created by opening and closing a vehicle door, may cause the rear child door locks to disengage, allowing a child to open a rear door while inside the vehicle.
Consequence: If an unrestrained child unexpectedly opens a door, they may fall from the vehicle increasing their risk of injury.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, and if necessary, replace the child lock(s), free of charge. The recall began on August 22, 2016. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 58C9. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V464000 »