3.4

2004 Volkswagen Touareg brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg:

2004 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Jan 232016

Touareg

The emergency brake alarm was going off more frequently and to silence it I would pull the sping on the brake up. The brake alarm randomly was anoying but not a major concern. I hadn't had any mechanical issues with my car until 01/23/16 I attempted to start my car and recieved an error message the read steering defect and it wouldn't allow you to start the car beyond the error message. I had my car towed to volkswagon mentor Ohio after holding my car for more than a week I was finally offered a diagnosis that the access modular was not functioning meaning the brain of the vehicle wasn't functioning and the VW dealership service department didn't have answer to how this happened they had a $2500 solution to the problem and they were more than happy to assist in replacement of the access modular with there hearty cost. The brain the volkswagon access modular stops functioning and Volkswagen at no fault of mine and I'm charged $2500 plus. Mechanical maintenance I understand but replacement of the vehicles access modular is a repair that I feel volkswgon should cover.

- Mentor, OH, USA

Dec 152014

Touareg 6-cyl

I recently purchased a 2004 VW tuareg in July 1st of 2014. Immediately upon purchasing the vehicle I began receiving a parking brake alarm when I turned on the vehicle. The alarm would persist until I pushed down on the parking brake. I would also receive an occasional alarm for the tire pressure monitoring system. Then, on December 15, 2014 the vehicle refused to turn on at all. The dashboard display had a flashing steering wheel. I had the vehicle towed to a Volkswagen dealership where the technicians looked it over and told me that the cause of the problem is that two cables touched and shorted out the system. After 3 weeks of holding the vehicle, the cost of repair was quoted at around $3,500 to replace some modules. I was also informed that this might be a recall issue as many other 2004 VW tuaregs have had similar problems.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 252014

Touareg 8-cyl

Wouldn't start so had it towed to northland Volkswagen. There they tested and said I needed steering column replaced and wiring done. Not sure but have never had problems with column not performing correctly but I don't have a clue about wiring inside one. The repairs are $2538.08 and $1567.77 is for the column.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA