2.1

2008 Volkswagen Touareg fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen Touareg:

2008 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Dec 092014

Touareg 4WD 8-cyl

For the last 2 weeks, I started to have a smell of gas on the driver side of my car from outside. Progressively, the smell has get stronger and stronger, getting also inside the car. I put the car on a lift and realize that the entire fuel tank on the driver side located below the rear seat was covered by gas leak. It is also spilling on the exhaust system that is just on the side of that tank at extremely hot temperature. This is surely a scenario for disaster. The leak is coming from the top of the left side tank at the fuel pump location. This is clearly a safety hazard. I will take my car to Volkswagen to ask them to repair it. By looking on internet forums, I realized that this is not a isolated incident, I found repeating entries of that fuel pump leak failure... this is extremely dangerous and will certainly end up in a fire...

- Greer, SC, USA