2012 Volkswagen Touareg brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Touareg:

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Jul 212014

I own a 2012 VW Touareg and recently, I have had an issue with the brakes. When I come to a complete stop at a light or for a long time, after 5 or more seconds, the brake pedal starts to go down and the car starts to roll forward. I can stop the rolling if I push the breaks all the way down further, but the dealership says they cannot reproduce the issue and therefore cannot change any parts or do anything for me. Since I am unwilling to gamble with my brakes, especially with my son in the vehicle, I have left the vehicle at the dealership until they can reproduce the issue. I'm not sure if other people are having this break issue, but I wanted someone to be aware.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 202012

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Touareg. The contact stated that a knocking sound was coming from the under carriage of the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where the dealer was able to identify the knocking, but was unable to diagnose the failure. The dealer contacted the manufacturer and was told they were aware of the problem, but did not have a solution available to remedy the issue. The contact stated that after 9 days, the manufacturer provided a special spray to the dealer to spray behind the brake pads. The contact left the vehicle with the dealer for repairs. The failure mileage was 15 and the current mileage 1,200.

- Jasper, GA, USA