- August 13: Former Audi and VW 'Clean Diesel' Owners/Lessees File Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- August 11: Volkswagen CC Tire Cupping Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 8 days ago
- August 4: VW Manager Oliver Schmidt Pleads Guilty in Emissions Fraud news | 15 days ago
- July 9: Audi Recalls Q3 SUVs Over Brake Light Problems recalls | 41 days ago
- July 7: Justice Department Charges Former Audi Manager news | 43 days ago
2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Volkswagen service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Volkswagen customer service.
2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #16V035000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2011-2015 Touareg Hybrid vehicles manufactured March 20, 2010, to April 11, 2015. The hybrid battery tray may not drain water sufficiently. If water collects in the hybrid battery tray, it may cause an electrical short in the high voltage battery.
Consequence: An electrical short in the high voltage battery increases the risk of a fire.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install a fitted drain valve to allow water to drain properly, free of charge. The recall began late February 2016. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this 53B8. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V035000 »