NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

3.2

2011 Volvo C30 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volvo C30:

2011 Volvo C30 Owner Comments

Dec 052015

C30

While driving along the interstate in southern California, at about 70mph, the sunroof of my 2011 Volvo C30 spontaneously exploded. There was no previous indication of any faults with the sunroof system and it was closed at the time of the explosion. I was not driving in traffic or in the vicinity of large vehicles that could have kicked up debris. I also had not passed under any overpasses. From my research online, there does not appear to be a recall on any Volvo sunroofs. The local Volvo dealer in san diego has told me that the repair will not be covered under warranty since they could not determine the cause of the explosion. The out of pocket repair costs are estimated at $980. It does not seem that the local dealer is interested in investigating this incident, but they did point out that they have seen similar explosions on other model Volvo before.

- San Diego, CA, USA