2001 Volvo S40 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo S40:

2001 Volvo S40 Owner Comments

Sep 032012

S40 LX 1.9L Turbo

Recently, I let the parking lights on overnight and the battery was drained and the car did not start the next morning. I jumped it off, let it run some, drove around and finally went to the local Walmart. I parked he car with faith it would start. My faith was rewarded. Saturday the battery was dead again.

I switched out the dry cell with a wet cell battery from another car. Today, 4 days later, that battery is dead. I plan to go to the Advanced Auto near us to have the charging system checked. If the charging system is OK, what could be draining the battery?

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA