2001 Volvo S40 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo S40:

2001 Volvo S40 Owner Comments

Jun 152016

I've contacted Volvo and demanded my money back and they refused, this is my next step before taking them to court for a measily 2,500. This car has caused me a headache unlike any other, the electrical system fails in this car and passes through it malfunctioning one thing after the next, my back window went up and down on its own, heating and cooling systems do whacky things which ruined the car making it overheat even after shops replace sensors and radiators, the main safety concern which Volvo is suppressing is that the electrical ghost also affects the braking system and accelerates, this is a main concern when you're on an expressway especially, it accelerates and you cannot hold the brake down hard enough to slow down, and it'll do it at random, and I know this is a problem with this year Volvo because I have a 1990 when it was Volvo and not bought my an american company and that car is perfect, and a cop talked to me for about an hour just before these bigger issues started happening, he'd owned a dealership and said this year Volvo has nothing but problems, and at that time I knew he was onto something because the air and heat buttons were doing all kinds of strange things, I was even in an accident once, a little fender bender thankfully just on a side street, my car wouldn't slow down and it skidded all T he way to the light and I dented someone's bumper, they let me slide because their car was a jalopy, but I've had this same electrical failure happening on expressways at various speeds

- East Chicago, IN, USA

Jun 092015

The vehicle is unable to pass inspection. The following parts were change air cleaner assembly, air cleaner sensor, fuel system filter, fuel system vent hose, fuel system ground strap, fuel system cover, fuel system gasket and fuel system pump sender assembly. My son had 3 tickets for no inspection. I research the vehicle and it stated that people pay Volvo $150 to pass the inspection. The mechanic reported that he did work on another Volvo S40 2000 and when a complaint was placed the Volvo fix the problem. I bought another vehicle because I cannot effort to keep getting tickets and paying to replace everything on my vehicle.

- North Bellmore, NY, USA