1.8

2001 Volvo S40 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo S40:

2001 Volvo S40 Owner Comments

Jun 092015

S40

The vehicle is unable to pass inspection. The following parts were change air cleaner assembly, air cleaner sensor, fuel system filter, fuel system vent hose, fuel system ground strap, fuel system cover, fuel system gasket and fuel system pump sender assembly. My son had 3 tickets for no inspection. I research the vehicle and it stated that people pay Volvo $150 to pass the inspection. The mechanic reported that he did work on another Volvo S40 2000 and when a complaint was placed the Volvo fix the problem. I bought another vehicle because I cannot effort to keep getting tickets and paying to replace everything on my vehicle.

- North Bellmore, NY, USA

Apr 142011

S40

2001 Volvo S40 suddenly starts accelerating on its own regardless of the speed I am travelling. It can happen at slow speeds or highway speeds. It happens regardless of whether the cruise control is on or off. It happens regardless of whether my foot is on the break or the accelerator. In other words, I can have my feet completely off both pedals and the car will accelerate. The only way to stop the car is by breaking extremely hard - and that barely stops the car. This is extremely dangerous. When I finally am able to stop the car and put in in park, the car accelerates even more. The care accelerates into the 7,000 to 8,000 RPM range.

- Fort Atkinson, WI, USA