2002 Volvo S40 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volvo S40:

2002 Volvo S40 Owner Comments

Jul 182004

S40

I was slowing down on the interstate for my exit and my steering wheel starting shaking severely to the point that I was barely able to contain it this was when I decided to take my S40 to the dealership. I had noticed some shaking previously but wasn't sure what the problem was and since my car had just been serviced I figured anything serious would have been identified. When I took my car in I was told that I needed new rotors and pads. My mileage seemed rather low for my rotors to be shot so I asked why this might have happened as I work from home. I was told it was probably due to lack of driving. The dealership covered the rotors under my warrenty but charged me for the brake pads which made no sense as I would not have needed new pads if it hadn't been for the rotors being shot.

- Lawrence, MA, USA