2.1

2004 Volvo S60 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volvo S60:

2004 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Sep 192010

S60 5-cyl

When I drive my manual transmission S60R Volvo, and I shift I hear a loud thud in the back of the car, I checked everything that could possibly be making the noise and secured it, it bothered me so much I took it to the Volvo dealer and they told me that it was actually because of the suspension software and that there was a recall for this, however it was not applicable for my VIN. He said this was the best guess he could make, I informed him that it only makes the noise if you make a pretty gentle shift, but it can happen at any time.

- Bloomer, WI, USA

Feb 142010

S60

The contact owns a 2004 Volvo S60. The contact stated that while driving in wet conditions at approximately 50 mph, with all wheel drive engaged, the exhaust system would expand, causing it to rub against the drivetrain. The failure caused a loud noise underneath the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to an authorized dealership to have an exhaust bracket applied. The contact felt that the manufacturer should have been responsible for the repair expenses as it was unsafe to have moving objects rubbing against each other. The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- San Antonie , TX, USA