2.0

2004 Volvo S60 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volvo S60:

2004 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Feb 142008

S60 5-cyl

I own a 2004 Volvo S60. I recently found out that there is a recall on my vehicle after my mechanic told me my check engine light was due to this recall. Volvo says there is no such recall at first, but upon calling the customer service number I found out that there is. However, they say it is VIN specific and that mine is not covered. My mechanic says that this needs to be taken care of, for this problem can cause my engine to stall out at anytime and cause my steering wheel to jerk around on the highway. To me, this is a huge problem, sounds like that it could potentially kill me on the road. How can something that can be this potentially dangerous not be Volvo responsibility to fix? just because my VIN number is different does not mean the problem is any less serious, though Volvo seems to think it is.

- Manchester, NH, USA