2006 Volvo S60 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volvo S60:

2006 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Jul 052013

S60 5-cyl

I have made a recent complaint regarding safety concerns with a faulty ETM (electronic throttle module) on my vehicle. I dropped it off at my local authorized dealer for Volvo and I did not tell them that the car produced an error code P2135 / ECM-9200 -- throttle position sensor --faulty signal, because I wanted to see what error codes they would pull off. It is my understand even if I reset the 'check engine' light the dealer is able to pull the codes of the computer. Well in this case the dealer called me today and advised me that no codes could be pulled but wanted to know if the person working on my car could take it home with him and take a reader. I said no, but I did not take my car there because I want something for free. I am beyond frustrated with the Volvo because of the faulty design. What will it take next time for me to be on the freeway and driving and the error to be displayed and cause me to drop my speed down and get into an accident? I fear that day will come someday if not me someone else.

- Des Moines , IA, USA