2012 Volvo S60 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volvo S60:

2012 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Aug 242013

S60 5-cyl

On August 24, 2013, I was involved in a car accident. A car stopped short on the highway. The car in front of me hit that car. I then hit the car in front of me. I had only a few seconds to react. Another car then re-ended me. My airbag nor seatbelt pretentioners deployed. I had difficulty turning the car off. The car was totaled. Within a few weeks of the incident, I reported the matter to Volvo. They sent an investigator out. Volvo claims that sensors were not activated since the damage was above them, and there was not any problem. However, at the speed I hit, there is no excuse for why the airbags should not have deployed. Either the car is designed improperly in terms of where the sensors are placed or there is a manufacturing defect. As I understand it, other S60S (not my vid#) have been recalled for an electrical problem that could cause airbags not to deploy.

- Southbury, CT, USA