2.3

2012 Volvo S60 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volvo S60:

2012 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

May 202015

S60

My 2012 Volvo S60 had serious engine noise brought to the shop they thought it might of been the fact that I had low oil, but I had just gotten my oil changed 12/17/14 and it was 5/27/15 now and I had not driven anywhere close to 6 thousand miles to deplete all the oil. The shop told me to really figure out what was going on they would have to take out the engine to take a look at what was making the noise. That evening I got a call from the shop again telling me that there was a serious problem. They told me because my car was dangerously low on oil in fact 3 quarts low that the engine for that fact had not gotten any oil, this in turn cased the barring and the crank shaft the be damaged so bad that they shop to me that if basically beyond repair and I would need to get a new engine. Upon researching the internet I came across a string of recalls for my car, it stated that the Volvo's software had a problem which prevented the low engine oil light from coming out and in December 2013 they started a recall. I check the website and got the number to Volvo of North America and called and was told that my car was one of the vehicles that was recalled. I was also told that they problem was fixed by a simple software update. I was also told that in their records my car was taken into Volvo and the update was applied to my car fixing the problem. I told the representative on the phone that if this was the case then it must of not worked because my car was in the shop with the exact same problem that Volvo's website described and also no "low engine oil" light ever came on.

- Ponte Vedra, FL, USA