2000 Volvo S80 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volvo S80:

2000 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Aug 102007

S80 2.9 2.9L

Well, one day on my way to work i stopped at a friends house to drop something off. I left the car on, and shut the door as i got out. Upon the door Closing, my Drivers side curtain and side impact airbags went off. I called the Volvo dealership that it was bought at and they said that it would not be covered because it was no longer under warranty. So, I called Volvo international and they sent out a technician and they said if it was a fault of the part that they would fix it at no cost to myself. It ended up being that the airbag sensor was faulty, and they fixed my whole car for free. This included a new headliner, new airbags, the airbags being recharged, and a new drivers seat. Which ended up being a couple of thousand dollars in repairs.

- , Abington, MA, USA