$3,000.00

1. replace the transmission (1 reports)
2000 Volvo S80 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volvo S80:

2000 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Dec 062004

S80

Other then what the other complaint had said about the emission warning and the check engine messages, I was happy with the car. Then the whining noise started, and my husband and I both thought maybe it was something minor like a fan belt. We were definitely not expecting to hear we needed a new transmission and let the Volvo dealership, Rickenbaugh in Denver, know how upsetting this was. They said they would pay for the labor, but we had to pay for the transmission. Needless to say after paying for premium car like this we are very disappointed and do not want to keep this car. We could have got something for half the price we paid for this car and not have this problem.

- , Littleton, CO, USA