2.3

2001 Volvo S80 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo S80:

2001 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Apr 072006

S80

While on a road trip, my 2001 Volvo S80 started lurching forward and speeding up/slowing down by itself. The car was idling erratically and would stall out. As I was away from home and needed to return soon, I took my car to be checked out. I was told that I needed a new electronic throttle module. I had no choice but to have the car fixed at a cost of over $800. Now I find out that Volvo knew of problems with this particular part and that there may be a recall and I am very angry that I had to pay to replace a part they (Volvo) knew was defective!!! additionally, and more importantly, I wonder about the potential danger I and my family were unknowingly subjected to due to Volvo's decision to not inform consumers of this defect.

- Troy, IL, USA

May 032005

S80 6-cyl

Contact states: Consumer received a recall notice about the owners vehicle. Consumer was unable to get it serviced in his area as of last week, and was being sent out of state to Oregon to correct the recall. There were Volvo mechanics locally that were certified to fix the car. Local dealership sold out. Actual complaint concerned Volvo not allowing the certified mechanics to do the work and requiring consumer to go out of state.

- Eureka, CA, USA