2003 Volvo S80 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volvo S80:

2003 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Feb 042005

Carrier bike rack and 2 bikes flew off the roof of a S-80 Volvo(2003) while driving on the Florida turnpike.luckily no one was close behind and I was able to remove the wreckage from the highway.I complained to Volvo but they claimed that it was my fault.nothing was replaced.somewhere in the manual it says to check the rack.there is no warning label on rack and as it is enclosed there is no evident way to secure.there are fingers in the slot on top of the car but the roof materil is so flimsy that it appeared to have enough give so that the roof rack could disengage.Volvo attitude iss that the driver must constatantly check the roof rack. If this is so the least they could do is put a warning label on same.I am fotunate no one was injured but I think there is a serious problem.I had a very light load but I see Volvo with heavy boxes on them and I shudder to think what might happen.

- Milford, CT, USA