2010 Volvo S80 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volvo S80:

2010 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Feb 092013

S80 6-cyl

My wife and I have been dealing with orange low level oil light coming on between oil changes, in my 2010 Volvo S80, for a couple of years now. On occasion, the red light has appeared as well if I don't add oil for my wife. There is obviously an oil consumption issue that neither my dealer nor corporate have been helpful with resolving. I have had the "oil consumption test", but frankly I am tired of the run around because I live too far to keep having to prove that there is a problem and being told by the service person that it is within spec. This is a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. The tip on my exhaust clearly gives an indication of the burning of oil. What can I do to get them to fix this. I have even found a technical journal ref no. 24643 (oil consumption) that speaks on my exact problem.

- Havre De Grace, MD, USA