2.6

2001 Volvo V40 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo V40:

2001 Volvo V40 Owner Comments

Apr 092006

V40

2005 (Sep/Nov/Dec): Engine check light on 3 times. Dealer repaired all 3 times and following months, which is 2006, having sudden shifting/accelarating at low speed. Dealer fixed 2 times and 1 time couldnot find the issue. Aug. 18, 2007: Continued having same problems plus car was jerking on fwy speed. Two days later, I couldn't start the car. Dealer replace neg. Battery cable and #4 ignition coil. Aug.21, 2007: Called to inform Volvo North America and they suggested that I should talk to dealer service manager. Aug. 27, 2007: The car is having same issue: Sudden shifting @ low speed & jerking on fwy speed. This is very dangerous to drive and I don't know when the car is going to stall middle of fwy. I told the dealer that the car symptons are very much like ETM problem (recall) on other models. Aug. 29,2007: Dealer replaced another #3 ignition coil and spark plug. I don't know how many times I will have to go back to the dealer for repeat repair. The dealer didn't bother to check ETM unit. So far, I am lucky that I haven't gotten accident. (same dealer service my car since 2001)

- Glendale, CA, USA