2.4

2007 Volvo V50 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volvo V50:

2007 Volvo V50 Owner Comments

Jun 172013

V50 5-cyl

Issue: Car would not start and "steering locked, please try again" error message was displayed. The wheel is not locked, I can turn it, but the engine will not start and it keeps on giving me the same message. I had to have my car towed to the dealer who explained this is a part failure and is charging me $434 to repair it. I see this being a potential safety issue since the steering may lock on me at some point when the car is running. This should be a recall issue and Volvo held accountable for repairing these vehicles at their cost.

- Chandler, AZ, USA