6.5

2015 Volvo V60 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volvo V60:

2015 Volvo V60 Owner Comments

Aug 242015

V60

The car, 2015 Volvo V60, began shutting off its motor when I came to a stop or when I put it in park and a few times when I came to a hard stop. This would require my putting the car in park, if not already, pressing the break pedal and pushing the start button. During these times, the steering wheel would lock up as it should if a driver purposely turned their car off. The symptom would happen intermittently. I left my car for a week with the local Volvo dealer hoping this sporadic problem would be successfully diagnosed. A service department tech drove my car for the week. At the end of the week, I was told my car did not exhibit any of the symptoms, but, if a warning appeared on the dashboard, this would precipitate a diagnosis. Two months later the problem became much worse and scarier. My husband was safely passing another car which was going ten miles under the speed limit on a two way road. At the point he is beside the other vehicle, the Volvo loses power. He applies excelleration, but the car does not respond. The cars which were behind my husband have closed the gap he just vacated making it impossible for him to move back in position. Now oncoming traffic is headed his way. Fortunately, he is able to cut in front of the slower moving car leaving less than a foot of clearance between he and the other car. This time the warning "reduced engine performance" is displayed on the dashboard. The car is immediately towed to the local dealer who, again, drives the car for a week and finds nothing wrong. More importantly, the dashboard warning apparently carries no significance, because a code is not pulled during computer diagnostics and there is no other recourse. I am sent home with an unsafe and dangerous vehicle. I bought a Volvo for its safety and reliability. How ironic! I will never buy another. Shame on Volvo. Buyer beware.

- Gilbert, SC, USA