8.0

2001 Volvo V70 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo V70:

2001 Volvo V70 Owner Comments

Jul 272012

V70 T5 2.4L

I purchased a Volvo V70 with 135,0000 miles on it on 7/27. As it stands right now, on 8/23, I have barely driven my car. The "Check Engine" light came on. In MA, you cannot pass state inspection with this light on immediately after pick-up. The small-town rinky-dink dealership I bought it from has currently spent nearly $4000 attempting to repair it. I picked it up after 2 weeks today. I was able to drive it the 10 miles home. When I went to the grocery store later on, it came back on. I bought this car because I had previously owned a 95 850 that racked up 240,000 miles on it before I passed it on my step-daughter. It currently has 252,000 on it and with some maintenance, it sounds better than it did when I owned it. I cannot believe a "check engine" light should be this hard to pinpoint, but it is since only Volvo can crack "manufacturer's codes". They replaced the gas filter, the O2 sensor, some hoses, some tubes, had the transmission rebuilt -- only for me to continue on with this problem. The car is getting returned tomorrow. I was a HUGE fan of Volvo. This is ridiculous.

- , Ware, MA, USA