NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2.0

2001 Volvo V70 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo V70:

2001 Volvo V70 Owner Comments

Jun 012008

V70

We have a 2001 V70 T5 Volvo wagon. We bought the car new, and when it was about 1 year old the receptacle of the safety belt which latched in my son's car seat cracked straight down the middle. I only discovered it when I was checking the base of his infant car seat to make sure it was still tight. Volvo repaired the receptacle for free, as the car was under warranty. The car is now seven years old, and it has happened again, with a different seat belt receptacle, also in the back seat. There seems to me to be something fundamentally wrong about seat belt receptacles splitting in half from routine use. That it has happened twice in this seven year old car strikes me as suspicious. Thank you for your concern.

- Lewisburg, PA, USA