2010 Volvo XC60 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volvo XC60:

2010 Volvo XC60 Owner Comments

Jul 132016

XC60

While I was driving the car around a corner after stopping, I had a frontal collision with another car. My crash avoidance system did not activate. I would like the black box of my vehicle to be checked. Volvo North America was not helpful when I called them.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Feb 262016

XC60

While making a left turn onto a main street in morning traffic, my passenger side door swung completely open. Speed was approx. 10mph or less. I immediately pulled over just feet from entering onto a busy freeway. The latch on the passenger door would not engage. Door would not latch after restarting car, ,locking and unlocking vehicle with key or any other method. Finally I tied the door closed with several bunggie cords and drove to work. The door latched when I reached the job 45 minutes later. I pushed the door lock button on driver side as normal. Temperature in Illinois that day was below freezing. This is the first and only occurrence.

- Aurora, IL, USA

May 272016

XC60

Sunroof drains tubes are too short and attach to a sound trap in the a pillar of vehicle. Sound trap allows the rain water to drain to outside of vehicle. With the design on the short tubes, they often detach from the sound trap causing excessive water to enter the interior of vehicle thereby flooding the floor boards and electrical systems that control the sunroof and airbags. Airbags are then deactivated and require immediate servicing. During heavy rain and parked in lot, 3 inches of water collected at brake pedal area and rain dripping from sunroof control area. Rain water shorted out my sunroof motor rendering it unusable. I was also advised by mechanic while performing an oil change that the airbags are deactivated and vehicle information system displays an urgent SRS code. Mold spores may develop under carpet presenting heath concerns for myself and child. All systems functioned properly prior to water leaking into vehicle. Five months prior Volvo service dept. Recommended a windshield repair due to water entering the vehicle while parked and driving which I consented. After nine days in Volvo shop, I towed my vehicle to a windshield repair facility. New windshield was installed 12/2015 at my cost. Rain water leak appeared again in 5/2016 after multiple day rain. Leaks in exactly same locations. Advised Volvo immediately, however service department unwilling to repair at Volvo expense and denied me future services. Faulty drainage tubes are a documented problem by customers and manager O. E. burke of freedom Volvo Virginia beach, va. He discusses full details in utube video dated 23 Aug, 2013. Freedom Volvo offers a preventive maintenance plan to address the problem. No recall or campaign has addressed this common issue. I'm afraid to drive the vehicle while airbags deactivated, please require Volvo to fit these vehicles with proper tubes

- Aurora, IL, USA

Sep 162014

XC60

Driving at slow speed with no cars in front or behind me. Suddenly the car engaged the city safety and it came to an abrupt halt.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Nov 012010

XC60

Although the car was a new car, within three weeks of purchase, the air-conditioner did not work. When we brought it into the dealership, the service manager said that a pebble hit the condenser, and I was told that I would be charged $950 for the repair. I got a manager and the owner of the dealership involved, and they finally agreed not to charge me. Inasmuch as I am on the toll road every day, and I am not driving on a gravel road, I think this has to be a design flaw because there apparently is not protection for the condenser. What would happen if this car was to be driven on a gravel road? in forty years of driving, I have never heard of anything like this happening. I also believe that Volvo should recall these cars and develop some sort of protection for the condenser, as this is a tremendous liability.

- Naperville, IL, USA