NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

7.1

2015 Volvo XC60 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volvo XC60:

2015 Volvo XC60 Owner Comments

Sep 192016

XC60

If you are thinking about buying a Volvo, please consider otherwise. I am currently driving a 2015 XC60 T6 and have had issues with the city safety feature on the car. Please read the attached letter sent to Volvo directly after getting no resolution through the local dealership. The 'offer' we received from Volvo added $50 to my per month payment and put me into another 5-year loan, as if we were just another customer coming in to trade in a car. The experience, or lack thereof, with both the local dealership and Volvo directly is incredibly disconcerting. As a result, we will never purchase another Volvo.

- Williamsville, NY, USA

Sep 102016

XC60

Passenger side blind spot sensor works intermittently. Often will not detect vehicles the size of a truck.

May 202016

XC60

Second occurance.slowing for stop, vehicle stalled, message to push start button. If traffic had been heavy I would have been rear ended. Dealer said no faults in obdc, no faults in Volvo database.

Mar 282016

XC60

Hard braking at 5 mph stalled engine. Had to place in park to restart. If had benn in heavy traffic accodent would have occured.

Jun 152015

XC60

Issue will definitely will fail to prevent many potential crashes: The horn on our 2015 Volvo XC60 has failed to work for me on 3 or more occasions when it was necessary to warn another vehicle of a potential collision (e.g., other car changing lanes without looking, other car backing out of a driveway without looking). The horn only works if the driver to presses the large center of the steering wheel exceptionally hard to activate it. There is far too much resistance when pushing the center of the steering wheel to effectively activate the horn. I have even witnessed my husband (who has more arm strength than me) unable to sound the horn when a car was cutting into us from another lane and he was applying a reasonable amount of force.

- Mountainside, NJ, USA

May 012015

XC60

Multiple near-miss collisions + improperly functioning horn: The horn on my 2015.5 Volvo XC60 has failed to work effectively on about 5 or more occasions when it was necessary to warn another vehicle of a potential collision (e.g., other car changing lanes without looking, other car backing out of a driveway without looking). This issues is clearly a failure in design and not a defect specific to our vehicle, since the horn does in fact work. However, it only works if the driver to presses the large center of the steering wheel exceptionally hard to activate it. There is far too much resistance when pushing the center of the steering wheel to effectively activate the horn (which I have experienced on multiple occasions where I needed the horn to sound for safety reasons, and it did not sound even though I pressed it with more than reasonable amount of force). My wife has less arm strength than me, so the problem is even worse for her.

- Mountainside, NJ, USA