8.0

2001 Volvo XC70 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo XC70:

2001 Volvo XC70 Owner Comments

Apr 012015

XC70 2.4L

2001 Volvo XC70. Bought new.Driven only by my 70 y/o wife locally. This year, car began shifting erratically. Took to dealer. Had tranny re-flashed. No help. Read on web about #3 control module issue, so took to dealer. Had fluid changed, no.3 module replaced and tranny re-flashed. When draining fluid, tech advised "metal shavings " in old fluid. "May need new tranny. 58000 one owner miles, no abuse, and I may need new tranny.? I don't think so, unless Volvo/Ford pays for.

Great car otherwise but really rips me off that Volvo has known about this weak assed tranny for years and has done NOTHING about it. Car runs a bit better now but I am holding my damn breath. Come on Volvo, I paid you 42000 hard earned dollars for this car in 2001. Step up, admit it is a sorry tranny and replace the damn thing.

- , chattanooga, TN, USA