1.3

2002 Volvo XC70 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volvo XC70:

2002 Volvo XC70 Owner Comments

Feb 172015

XC70

The contact owns a 2002 Volvo XC70. While driving at various speeds, there was a strong fuel odor coming from the vehicle. In addition, there was fuel leaking from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V483000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 140,000.

- Morrisville , NC, USA

Feb 042014

XC70

The contact owns a 2002 Volvo XC70. The contact stated that fuel fumes were present inside the vehicle at all times. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 09V483000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 128,000.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Mar 222014

XC70

Fuel pump cracked, slow leak on to gas tank causing extreme fumes, myself, 5 month old granddaughter and her mother were sick from thestrong fumes. I after that trip I found out about the recall this could have caused a fire and we all would have gone up in flames. This pump is under the rear seat where the two passengers where sitting. On March 22, 2014, the three of us went to arrundel mills mall close to baltimore on the way home to alexandria va., we smelt strong gas fumes. Even with all the windows and sunroof open the fumes did not dissipate. I called don beyer Volvo and fairfax Volvo and both stated the warranty had expired so this replacement is not covered. I was not aware that recall notices expired! I was told if I had brought the car in when there was no problem they would not have replaced the pump even for safety reasons. So what good is a recall there should be a statement on recalls " you must keep up your warranty updated on all vehicle parts". because the warranty expired in 2012, 10 years from 2002, I bought the car in 2004, the recall came out in 2009, I was stillunder warranty at that time. If I brought the car in to get repaired, both Volvo dealers service departments stated they would not have replaced the part because there was nothing wrong with it at that time. This is the only vehicle I own my daughter cannot drive and my granddaughter is only 5 mos. Old, will Volvo, don beyer, or fairfax Volvo pay for three funeral expenses, is that what it will take.

- Alexnadria, VA, USA