1.7

2004 Volvo XC70 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volvo XC70:

2004 Volvo XC70 Owner Comments

Mar 102014

XC70 5-cyl

Fuel leaking from top of gas tank.

- Washington Crossing, PA, USA

Jun 052011

XC70 5-cyl

My 2004 Volvo XC70 died twice night and once during the day while driving at high speed on two crowded highways around New York city. The engine totally shut off, the lights went out and luckily I was going fast enough to roll over to the shoulder. This is a car I keep regularly maintained at a Volvo dealer service center as well. Someone made me aware of a Volvo customer blog where several other people had the same problem.

- New York, NY, USA

Dec 052009

XC70

I have 70K miles on my 2004 Volvo XC70 and noticed strong gasoline smell from the gas tank area. The car often would not start, especially if parked on the incline. Upon inspection, an independent mechanic found a gasoline leak around the gas pump area and suggested to fix it as a safety hazard. The gas pump pipe has a crack in it.

- West Hills, CA, USA

Dec 102008

XC70

Multiple check engine lights but no clear issue discovered. Now the car vibrates when I start driving it and at times I can floor the gas pedal and not go over 20 mph. I am told it is the fuel pump that needs replacing though it did not show up as an issue from the check engine light diagnosis. Also, spark plugs were changed in Sept 0'7 yet were changed again at the 60K check up two weeks ago.

- Ithaca, NY, USA