Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: It's widely known that Volvo’s are built like tanks, especially the XC70. So it's no surprise this beast has a near perfect crash test rating. When it comes to the 2nd generation of the XC70, the 2006 is the first year that doesn't show potential transmission problems making it a best bet.

2006 Volvo XC70 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volvo XC70:

2006 Volvo XC70 Owner Comments

Feb 212014

XC70 5-cyl

Traveling North on 495 in Massachusetts on my way home from work at approximately 70 mph in heavy traffic, my car started losing speed. I pushed harder on the gas pedal, but it kept slowing down. I immediately turned my blinker on and pulled to the slow lane, thinking I may be able to get off the highway at the next exit. I was able to pull to the side of the road almost into the breakdown lane. My car stalled. I was at the turn off for the exit - in heavy traffic. I called aaa for assistance. A state police officer stopped and set up flares to help avoid a collision. First look from my mechanic indicates a fuel pump module problem. There has been a recall in other 2006 Volvo models for this issue but not for the xc 70. I live in nh so the car is exposed to salt/water. There was flooding on the way in to work that morning. This is a very concerning safety issue, as my car literally quit in heavy traffic on 495.

- Newton, NH, USA