2005 Volvo XC90 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volvo XC90:

2005 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Jul 132015

Aside from normal care, I have only replaced my tires and a gas cap. I started to experience some water seepage onto the driver-side. I covered the vehicle when it rained and figured I would have a look at it when I had time. July 2015, I took my Volvo to savannah Volvo, fixed my breaks along with other safety fixes, after 14 hrs of having my vehicle and 2800 later, pete stated everything was taken care of and the water seepage was due to the drains being clogged, but, they are all clear now, we did a water test and everything is ok. You will experience some more water seepage but it should dry up in a few days. He also mentioned some other work that needed to be done though not until November, December. I said great and got on my way. Three days later it did rain, confident I did not need to cover my vehicle and was still experiencing water seepage from my visit, I did not think any thing of it. The next day, my control panel started to light up. I called savannah, and he mentioned it must just be because you put a full tank of gas....what"?? ok. As the week went on the control panel continued to light up one by one. The day before going back, my driver side turn signal was on. Hoping I did not have a dead battery the next day, I headed to Volvo. After 4 hrs they tell me the roof drains were cloggd and seeped onto the cem, and it is damaged. I said to pete, I thought the drains were clear when I left a week ago??? yeah, well, we can't create a problem with your drains. Though, after 10 yrs I leave there and 3 days later experience a problem, after you told me my drains were all cleared" several phone calls to the dealership and Volvo headquarters, not one person is taking responsibility for this bad design, which could have caused my transmission to limp and a possible accident! it now sits in my driveway, after spending $2800 I will never purchase another Volvo!

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Dec 042013

Volvo is aware of the balancer shaft defect that causing a very pricey and serious problem. The fix was to drill a hole but not to repair any damage caused by the design flaw. I was informed by the Volvo dealership that this is a design flaw in the 2005 CX90 and the cost would be around $4000 to fix the damage done to the balance shaft because of the design flaw.

- Chandler , AZ, USA

Jan 172012

I drove in severe down pour yesterday and experienced an yellow error message followed by an electrical short and anti skid message. I reduced my speed to 50 mph on the interstate and proceeded home. After stopping the lights would not turn off and I immediately took it in for service where the technician advised me that this was a problem with water getting into the engine compartment wiring harness and causing the central electronic module to short ciruit and rust. This repair alone costs over $5000 due their defective design and improper sealing of important electrical components. I avoided any possible accidents by driving slowly but do not feel safe were I to travel in inclement weather in the future. I do believe that the electrical system would short circuit leaving me without essential power and possibly hurt or stranded. I can see from your database that an investigation was completed on 11/22/2010 under id PE10025 citing no real safety issues. I disagree and would encourage you to revisit this issue immediately. Volvo has conceded to replace the cem ($753.52) unit but not the engine compartment ($3034.71) that houses it, therefore owners like myself will continue to experience the same problem and real danger from it.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA