2006 Volvo XC90 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volvo XC90:

2006 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Jan 072013

XC90 8-cyl

While going approximately 35 mph and in a slight turn (very mild curve), traffic in front of me slowed. I moved my foot to the brake and the brake pedal was "hard" and the brakes did not work. I let off the brake and put my foot back on the pedal again, very firmly. The ABS immediately kicked in. Had traffic not started to speed up, I would have rear-ended the car in front of me. Not fun, Volvo. When you press the brakes, you expect them to actually work. No error messages were on for the brake system or any other error messages at all. The brakes just didn't work.

- Newcastle, OK, USA