2006 Volvo XC90 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volvo XC90:

2006 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Jan 112007

XC90

A colleague and I often carpool to work. She picked me up in her new Volvo van - purchased from dealer in late 2006. The colleague, got out to chat with my sister while I gathered the things I needed to take to work. The passenger side window was half-way open because it had been a mild January day in NJ. The door, though, was locked, and I wanted to get inside the car ready to be on our way. I leaned my head inside and pushed the button I thought was the door lock. Instead, I activated the power window which continued to close on my neck even after I released it. I just barely figured out what was happening and slipped my head out in time. I am afraid people will be injured. Isn't there a safety feature to prevent windows from closing automatically" has the feature been disabled on some cars" bad idea!

- Bridgewater, NJ, USA