CarComplaints.com Notes: I've heard about issues with the parking brake not being sufficient with this car. To be fair, it must be hard to hold back all that awesomeness.

3.4

2008 Volvo XC90 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volvo XC90:

2008 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Apr 142011

XC90

This issue should be of the recall variety. I brought my 2008 XC90 to the dealer today for another issue. I sat in the waiting room for 30 min when the service man approached me and asked me if my ignition had ever locked up before. I said no and tried to turn the key myself. Completely locked. The service rep said "I know what it is" as his wife in her Volvo had recently had the same problem. He explained the ignition has a locking mechanism that sometimes freezes in place. The column needs to be dissembled to remove the mechanism. He told me 5-7 biz days to get the factory to custom build me a new one before he can drive the car to diagnose the problem I originally came in for. They won't give me a loaner or rent me a car despite the fact that this issue is "under warranty." I'm very disenchanted with Volvo as, given that this issue has occurred in Volvo time and time again according to many blog entries I reviewed.!

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA