2011 Volvo XC90 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volvo XC90:

2011 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Feb 162016

The problem is exactly as described in the NHTSA campaign number: 10V579000 my car stalled and check engine light came on as transmission went into protection mode. It started fine again with no issues and since then running fine and I put close to 800 miles. However, the manufacturer did not include XC90 in the list of cars affected for model year 2011. Dealer simply suggested to replace the transmission ($ 6681) and Volvo denied any help. I called the dealer regarding upgrading software on the modules and they suggested it would cost few hundres to do it.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Jun 042013

Every time I do not turn my car on for 2 or more consecutive days my car battery dies. This has happened to me 7 times in the course of my 2 year lease. Each time it is towed and sent to Volvo for service they report that they have solved the problem. One time they claimed it was my blue tooth draining the battery. The next time it was sirius radio draining the battery. The lost goes on and on. Clearly there is a problem with no solution as my var battery dies every time it is left unattended. Without fail!

- Delray Beach, FL, USA