2016 Volvo XC90 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Volvo XC90:

2016 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Electrical failure, suspension failure, leakage to air bag sensor, software problems

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Nov 192015

I was driving on the freeway in rush hour traffic in eco drive mode with the auto start/stop function enabled. The auto stop kicked in and stopped my engine, but when I went to press on the gas pedal, the auto start did not restart my engine and the gas pedal was unresponsive. No alerts or warnings popped up - everything remained on (headlights, radio, etc), and nothing appeared wrong except for the fact that the car wouldn't move/accelerate. I was going around 1mph at this point, and pulled over to the shoulder, parked, and restarted the engine manually. I then drove home without further incident. I brought in the car to the dealer the next day. The response was that there was nothing to fix B/C no codes showed up during the diagnostic, and they weren't able to replicate the issue. They downloaded "software 1 and 2" and said that might fix the problem but they don't know. They said corporate doesn't tell them what the software updates do, but it seemed like the update mainly pertained to the radio which clearly has nothing to do with my issue. They tried to return the vehicle to me a week later (11/27) and I refused, and asked them to escalate the issue B/C I didn't feel the car was safe and there was no resolution. They assured me that corporate's field tech specialist was consulting with them on the phone and agreed the car was fine to be returned to me B/C there were no codes and the issue couldn't be replicated. I spoke to corporate (Volvo North America) and they said they would escalate on their side but had no specific details to reassure me the problem was taken care of. I asked for a flight computer to be installed to log the car data in case the issue happens again, and no answer on that request so far. I got the car back today (12/8) B/C they don't know how/what to fix. The dealer has mechanics and not the software engineers that need to look at the car.

- Corona, CA, USA