9.0

2000 BMW 323 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 BMW 323:

2000 BMW 323 Owner Comments

Mar 232000

323 4-cyl

The mechanism in power windows ( mechanical mechanism in the doors which raise and lower the windows ) appear to be faulty. After normal usage for a short period of time ( 3 weeks to a maximum of 6 months ), there are repeated failures of the mechanical mechanism and power windows once again fail to function. Although the issue at hand has been fixed by BMW numerous times ( some under warranty and some at owners cost), it is a repeating problem and BMW service provider does not appear to have a solution which would resolve the issue for a long period of time. Since the vehicle at this time is out of warranty and mostly driven by one driver ( me ), a greater use of ac is made in order not to use the power windows in case they will break once again.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 162005

323

I own a BMW 323I sedan 2000. All of 4 window regulators have broken and required replacement. Once the window shattered and glass fell into the car B/C the regulator broke. When I had the regulators replaced I thought they were being replaced with a non-defective part. However, today one of the replacement window regulators broke. I am concerned B/C of the history of the glass breaking. I have a child that often rides in the back seat and I am worried that she may get hurt if the window breaks on her.

- Lilburn, GA, USA

Aug 072003

323

BMW not honoring full term of new car warranty. Although I bought the car new at a dealer in August 25 2000 and the car had under the mileage limit, the dealers computers list the car as being retailed in April 2000 not August 2000. However I have and was given the bill of sale listing the car as new and retailed on August 25 2000. When I went in for service on August 7 2003, a dealer, prestige BMW in ramsey told me the information BMW has lists the car as retailing to me in April. Even when told I had paperwork proving otherwise, the service rep was unfazed. I have the documents to prove I purchased the car, as new from the dealer, the dealer being difeo BMW. The car did not even wholesale until April 2000 per the deliver invoice to the dealer.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

Nov 102002

323

Contacted manufacturer, couldn't properly correct problems, car is defective, attorney general notified as well as BBB, attorney general's office recommended contacting private attorney.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Nov 102002

- El Paso, TX, USA

Dec 311999

323

No summary listed for abov evehicle.

- Foster City, CA, USA