- March 29: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles Over Instrument Panels recalls | 6 days ago
- March 28: Front Seat Belt Buckle Sensors Cause BMW Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- March 5: BMW Recalls M6 Gran Coupes For Third Brake Light Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- February 19: BMW Recalls X7 SUVs To Replace Rear Reflectors recalls | 45 days ago
- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 84 days ago
BMW Recall Toyota: 19TA19:
2019 BMW M5
The lack of an image in the back-up camera display increases the risk of a crash.
Back Over Prevention — Sensing System — Camera
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 540d, 2018-2020 530i, 530i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, M550i xDrive, M5, 530e, 530e xDrive, X3 sDrive, X3 xDrive, X3 M40i, X3 M, and 2019-2020 X4 xDrive, X4 M40i, X4 M, X7 xDrive, X7 M50i, 740Li, 740Li xDrive, 750Li, 750Li xDrive, 8 Series Convertible and Coupe 840i, 840i xDrive, M850i xDrive, X5 sDrive, X5 xDrive, X5 M50i, X6 xDrive, X6 M50i, 330i, 330i xDrive, M340i, M340i xDrive, Z4 sDrive, Z4 M40i, 740Le xDrive and 745Le xDrive, 2018-2019 640i xDrive Gran Turismo and Rolls-Royce Phantom, 2019 M850i xDrive Gran Coupe and Rolls-Royce Cullinan and 2020 Toyota Supra vehicles. The back-up camera and display settings can be adjusted such that the rear view image is no longer visible and the system will retain that setting the next time the vehicle is placed in reverse. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the back-up camera software, free of charge. The recall began November 8, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417 or Rolls-Royce at 1-877-877-3735. Toyota owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371.
Click a tab for more information.