- August 19: Cadillac SRX Headlight Lawsuit Fails Nationwide Class-Action Bid news | 1 days ago
- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 7 days ago
- July 30: Cadillac SRX Headlight Assembly Not Defective, Says GM news | 21 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 26 days ago
- July 24: Cadillac CT6 Cars Recalled For Child Seat Restraint Issues recalls | 27 days ago
Cadillac Recall 17287: Frontal Air Bags May Not Deploy
2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV
A failure of the front air bags or seat belt pretensioners to deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment increases the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
Seat Belts — Pretensioner
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse and Chevrolet Spark EV, Caprice PPV and SS vehicles, 2014-2017 Buick Encore and Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles, 2015-2016 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Tahoe, Trax, Suburban and Silverado 2500 and 3500 and GMC Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles, and 2015-2017 GMC Sierra HD 2500 and 3500 vehicles. While being previously remedied for recall 16V-651, the affected vehicles may not have received the complete software update necessary to remedy the recall condition. Without the update, certain driving conditions may cause the air bag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software to activate a diagnostic test. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2017. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 17287.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 28, 2017 Subject: 17287 01 – Safety Recall Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Customer Letter Added
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 14, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall Bulletin 16007-03 Frontal Air Bag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Additional Information Regarding Recent Bulletin Revisions
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172105680 Release Date: July 2017 Revision: 01
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172105680 Release Date: July 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 10, 2017 Subject: 17287 - Safety Recall
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.