- May 13: Safety Group Says NHTSA Should Force GM Airbag Recalls news | 8 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 67 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 74 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 85 days ago
Cadillac Recall 49152: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado 1500, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Vehicles not originally sold or ever registered in these states are not subject to this safety recall but may be covered under recall 16V-381 depending on the vehicle model year and the vehicle's sale and registration locations. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front air bags, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Interim letters informing owners that parts are not yet available were mailed on July 18, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 49152.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 29, 2016 Subject: Safety Recalls 49151 and 49152 - Takata Air Bag Inflators IVH Screen Updated in GWM System Customer Advisory Letter Mailing
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Takata Preliminary Recall Dealer Reference Tool Date: June 3, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - JUNE 2, 2016 TAKATA AIR BAG PRELIMINARY RECALL
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Preliminary Takata Airbag Recall – State of Georgia added to Zone A Date: June 6, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM Date: June 16, 2016 Subject: Preliminary Recalls 16V381 and 16V383 relating to Takata airbag inflators in certain 2007-2011 full-size trucks and SUVs located in certain parts of the United States (“Recalls”)
- Attachment to Recall Report
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Takata Airbag Update Date: June 2, 2016
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 15, 2017 Subject: Safety Recalls 49151 and 49152 - Takata Air Bag Inflators IVH Screen Updated in GWM System Customer Advisory Letter Mailing
Click a tab for more information.