- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- December 9: Chevrolet SS Power Steering Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 3 days ago
- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- November 18: Chevrolet Equinox SUVs Recalled For Brake Caliper Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
2.0hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 78,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
AC / heater problem