- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 11 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 20 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 27 days ago
Doors Lock And Unlock Randomly When Car Is On Or Off
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 61,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- pull fuse #26 , shuts off power locks , free fix (1 reports)
- remote/fob triggers the issue (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem