3.4

2000 Chevrolet Malibu AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 242004

Malibu

The contact owns a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the hazard lights and turn signals would function intermittently. She could never pinpoint when they would malfunction. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on several occasions; however, the lights functioned properly each time and they could not duplicate the failure. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer regarding NHTSA campaign id number 03V327000 (exterior lighting:hazard flashing warning lights:switch) and they installed a new switch. The remedy corrected the issue; however, the failure recurred in the latter part of 2008. The dealer stated that the repair would be at the contact's expense again because the recall repair had previously been performed. In addition, the heater did not work. The manufacturer has not been notified. The current mileage was 62,902 and failure mileage was 42,668.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Sep 152006

Malibu 6-cyl

2000 Malibu engine gaskets had to be replaced. The air condition control head was replaced.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Jun 092006

Malibu 6-cyl

I bought my 2000 Chevy Malibu from rod and ty's all star auto in puyallup, wa on 7/5/05. I bought the extended warranty/repair insurance. I have put over $600 of repairs into my car, only to find out that I need a new fuel pump, which is another $756.26 and the warranty people will only pay $425 for a substandard part. I also have some wires I need to have replaced, the A/C has never worked, even though they told me it did, the cd player destroys my cds and sometimes just won't play them at all, and I have a squeaky sound coming from the steering or suspension on the front end of my car. I paid over $13,000 for this car when it was 5 years old and had 74K miles on it (I got screwed) and now all these problems are coming up on it. The even cr*ppier part is, I still owe $9000 on it and it's only worth $2500 on trade in. What the heck am I supposed to do with this lemon piece of cr car" I'm super angry and will never buy another american car ever! by the way, I checked carfax and 11 records came up for this car! should I pay the $19.99 to find out about my car, or is 11 records pretty normal? should I worry"!

- Tacoma, WA, USA

May 012005

Malibu

The air conditioner stopped working on fan speeds 1 and 2. after pulling out the blower motor resistor, I found out half the circuit was burned out. After replacing the resistor, the fan works on all speeds. I threw out the old part.

- Little Egg Harbor, NJ, USA