- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 6 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 38 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 44 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 78 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 31340: Driver's Seat Belt Tensioner Cable May Separate
2016 Chevrolet SS
If the tensioner cable separates, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit vehicles manufactured May 14, 2013 through June 14, 2016, and Chevrolet SS vehicles manufactured May 15, 2013 through April 27, 2016. The driver's seat belt tensioner cable may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the tensioner cable assembly, replacing any cable that is damaged. For vehicles that do not require a tensioner assembly replacement, a cable guide will be installed. All vehicles will receive new seat trim with a redesigned opening for the cable routing. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on November 3, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 31340.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 7, 2016 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 31340
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 30, 2016 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 31340 – Update Customer Advisory Letter Mailing
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 17, 2016 Subject: 31340 - Safety Recall Seatbelt Lap Anchor Tensioner Cable
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16203134 Release Date: October 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.